What’s going on with Star Wars this summer?
Fans of classic space-fairing heroes have two spectacular Disney openings to look forward to in the summer of 2019 — one in Orlando, Florida and one in Anaheim, California. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is a theme park inspired by the alien worlds, trade posts, cuisine, and conflicts in the Star Wars saga. The parks settings are inspired by the Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, and include attractions of all types.
There are exotic shops, cantinas, alleys, Resistance centers, a First Order base, and a wide variety of activities to keep you immersed in the wonder throughout your visit, including movie screenings and interactive re-tellings of Star Wars stories.
The Galactic Spectacular Dessert Showing (pictured right) is one of those events, with a movie screening, themed desserts, and fireworks.
What do I need to know about the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening?
There are two phases to the Star Wars opening. In Phase One, the main attraction will be Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, a simulator/narrative experience that opens with the park, along with the secondary attractions within the Black Spire.
At a later date in 2019, Phase Two will unfold with the Rise of the Resistance experience, another simulator/narrative ride.
If you are considering a trip to Galaxy’s Edge, here are some things to keep in mind:
- It is expected that the park will experience some max-capacity days from the opening dates to 2020.
- Save $20 when you buy 3-day or longer Theme Park Ticket in advance instead of buying at the gate.
- Due to high demand and limited capacity, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge cannot guarantee rides or time frames. The possession of Park tickets, annual passes, vacation packages, or Walt Disney World Resort Hotel bookings does not guarantee access to this new attraction.
- Disney FastPass+ service is unavailable for attractions at Galaxy’s Edge.
- The Extra Magic Hours pairing with guests of Disney Resort hotels and select hotels at Disney’s Hollywood Studios does include Galaxy’s Edge for mornings between September 1st and November 2 of 2019.
- Dining reservations are not available.
When and where are they opening?
Disney’s Star Wars theme parks will be opening in California on May 31, and in Florida on August 29. In Orlando, Galaxy’s Edge will join other film favorites in Walt Disney World Resort’s Hollywood Studios. In Anaheim, Galaxy’s Edge will be located in the Disneyland Park.
If you’re interested in booking your stay at one of Disney’s theme parks to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, let us know by visiting our Disney Pre-Travel form! Filling out this form will help us to get you a quote as rates for 2020 are released later this summer!